Post new topic   Reply to topic    of the Hill People Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
thatscifiguy

re: Final Fantasy Open Beta

For those interested:
http://entry.ffxiv.com/

First I was like
then I was like

Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Oedipial
Raider

Terrible TERRIBLE game. Roe and I played closed beta some. Man, it's painful. Don't even bother touching it.

I haven't seen Oedi so disappointed... Ever!
revernd
Raider

That sucks was looking forward to this one.
Chyler
Archivas
Raider

revernd wrote:
That sucks was looking forward to this one.

Agreed. I bought the previous one and was excited about it, since I love the FF games. Alas, I installed, played it for a few hours, then uninstalled it. A waste of $50.
Halok

What was the last good single player Final Fantasy? Looking for something to play... Somewhat playing through FF7, but 640x480 only does so much for me...

Talking for PC too, btw.

My personal favorite FF was 7. 2 and 3 were alright, if you played the original versions. 9 was okay and 10 was so-so, but everything else was just meh in my opinion.

I wasn't a fan of the 1st MMO, either. FF has just lost the touch it once had, it's not nearly as attractive as it used to be. I was hoping the new MMO would bring back some of the flavor, but so far the reviews are horrible.
Halok

Hehe, I played FF8 but it kept crashing on me so I never finished it. But I agree, I love 7 and 3.

Thanks, Daut.

Even though the game is completely unpolished in pretty much every form. It is fun. They are doing the launch basically like they did FF11 in japan. Pretty much paid beta until first expansion, until they work out the kinks and tweak things. Bad practise? yeah but it's enjoyable after you get past the steep learning curve.

It is definitely NOT geared towards casuals even though that's who they claim their target audience is. It's actually geared towards the hardcore player .

When we first started playing, it was like zomg, bad ui, bad controls, ultra delay on basically EVERYTHING from fighting to crafting to selling items. Everything was slow and lack of basically anything useful, also nested menus ftl. Was getting bored of it, but after putting up with it, it actually became really fun. Or maybe I'm a masochist.

tl:dr

If you can put up with all the cons, this game can be really enjoyable as long as you got someone to yell at and play with. Crazy looking graphics that run on a shitty machine too.
nalen
Raider

Qualms wrote:
Even though the game is completely unpolished in pretty much every form. It is fun. They are doing the launch basically like they did FF11 in japan. Pretty much paid beta until first expansion, until they work out the kinks and tweak things. Bad practise? yeah but it's enjoyable after you get past the steep learning curve.

It is definitely NOT geared towards casuals even though that's who they claim their target audience is. It's actually geared towards the hardcore player .

When we first started playing, it was like zomg, bad ui, bad controls, ultra delay on basically EVERYTHING from fighting to crafting to selling items. Everything was slow and lack of basically anything useful, also nested menus ftl. Was getting bored of it, but after putting up with it, it actually became really fun. Or maybe I'm a masochist.

tl:dr

If you can put up with all the cons, this game can be really enjoyable as long as you got someone to yell at and play with. Crazy looking graphics that run on a shitty machine too.

Two things.

One, you're a masochist.

Two, how's the gold farming business in that game so far?

Three, I miss your warm breath upon my nape as we cuddle amongst the stars in the evenings.
Oedipial
Raider

All I gotta say is bring on Guild Wars 2 baby! Not even in Alpha yet and it looks more polished than SE's POS.

Part 1: (skip to like 5min mark for the start of gameplay)

Part 2:

Part 3:

Character creation in Guild Wars 2 reminds me of Ultima. Happy Only watched a bit of Part1, but looks pretty damn good.
Qualms
Raider

Problem with guild wars is, it's fun for like 2 weeks. Then it goes into the bin.

I'll stick to FF14, least I know they'll fix things by the time PS3 release is out.
revernd
Raider

what server you playing on if they have multiples? I can mooch off you.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    of the Hill People Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum