View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrenzzo
Officer

re: Raider vs. Member ranks

Since we're now progressing into guild only runs, its become time to start establishing the Raider rank. As we are a progression-focused guild, our goals require us to get the highest tiered loot possible into the hands of our core raiders so that we have the greatest chance of succeeding as the content becomes more difficult. In an ideal world, we'd love to get everyone geared to the teeth, and I suspect this will slowly happen over time. However in the short term, we need to make sure that the most dedicated and commited players receive the best gear. In general, raiders will make up the core of our raid groups, and receive the benefit of first dibs on invites and loot rolls. With that said, we will hold Raiders to the highest standards. If these standards are not maintained, players will be reverted back to Member status.

If you haven't already, please familiarize yourself with the member/raider expections listed in the policy and procedures forum. If you feel that you're appropriate for the position, I welcome you to PM or /whisper myself, Ironkeg or Timberlake to indicate your interest. In an ideal scenario, we would be able to identify explicit, objective measurements of requirements for the Raider rank, however this simply is not possible in certain areas. Therefore, we, as officers, will determine on an individual basis if the applying player has reached the high standards we have envisioned. Areas we will take into consideration include:

1) Current gear level
2) Sufficiency of class knowledge
3) Healing/DPS/Tanking skill
4) General raiding knowledge/experience and the ability to raid lead
5) Attitude and willingness to adjust and adapt
6) Availability to raid

If you apply for the rank and are declined, please don't take this as a personal slight. While you don't have to be happy with or agree with our decision, please know that we are avidly trying to do what we feel is best for the guild as a whole. Instead, take our constructive feedback, make adjustments, continue to work on gear and apply again in the future. If this isn't possible, maybe <of the Hill People> isn't the place for you.

Cheers and I look forward to raiding with you all in the future!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    of the Hill People Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: